Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Colordado Air-August 31

Alright, I haven't run since Wednesday...so, I'm suffering for that! Did you know that the air is much thinner in CO? No, I mean MUCH thinner. If you walk up a hill, you'll be out of breathe. Even though you don't really sweat, you CAN'T breathe! I decided to go hiking and invited some friends to come along. When I got down to the lobby (a few minutes late), I thought they had already left me. I really wanted to hike in CO...so, I went by myself. I was about 30 minutes or so into my trip and it got more and more secluded. The seclusion scared me a bit because I was by myself so I went back. I was almost back when I ran into the group: Kris, Becky, and Clarissa. I decided to go back up even though I had already been. I walked with them for about 30 more minutes and turned around because it was getting harder for Clarissa to breathe. I too was already tired from previously hiking, so I went with her. I COULDN'T BREATHE! It's absolutely awful. As we descended down the mountain, it got easier and easier to take a deep breath. We finally met up with an elderly man--a hardcore hiker. He told us he keeps an O2 tank so he can get adjusted and that it's dangerous to hike up to the mountain unless you have gotten use to the atmosphere. NOW we know...take it slow! Becky and Kris continued up the mountain until Becky's arms turned yellow and lost feeling...to date she still has her arms! :) Needless to say, we weren't very smart about it! I guess you could call us a bunch of airheads!

No comments: