Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Roaches-Nasty little buggers!

If anyone knows me, they know I am terrified of roaches! If a roach lands on me, I start stripping (not consciously). If a roach runs infront of me, I scream and jump away. Well, the last two nights, Amy and I have had to deal with TWO different roaches.
Night #1-I was sitting in my new recliner (donated by the Jane and Tom Foundation) doing my homework when Amy SCREAMS at the top of her lungs. It scares the fool out of me. Amy was on top of the coffee table behind me. I looked like the exterminator with a shoe both hands. We got that one but with much effort.
Night #2-I was in the floor folding clothes when the roach FLIES across the room infront of me. OMG, I was freaked. I popped up and ran to get a shoe while calling for Amy. I told her it was her turn, but she would budge...she was kneeling on top of the bar stool--which wouldn't help since it could FLY! I was scared of it because it COULD fly, so I ran for a bottle of Raid. I was getting closer and closer to the corner it was in when Amy screamed. I jumped, tripped over my clothes in the floor and fell into my laundry basket. Luckily it was big enough for me to land in. I only have a cratch on my knee, but knowing that the roach is in its grave makes it worth the battle wound!

No comments: