Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jogging 101-Day 8

Long story...Over the weekend, I took Clare with Brad and me to a birthday party to give Tera, Mom, and Dad a break. While we were gone she drank EVERY DROP of her sippy. The baby was thirsty...what was I supposed to do? Tera usually gives her watered down juice...they didn't have any juice; she also gives Clare watered down, sprite, etc...as long as it's clear. The only thing they had was Mountain Dew (which now I know is a NO NO). I watered it down 3/4 of the way. Clare had a rough night sleeping, but they also told me it could've been something else to have caused it too. I haven't drank a soft drink in 5.5 years, so excuse me if I don't know the side effects.
Well the next day I was helping Dad move a recliner into the back of his truck, I stepped on a piece of glass (from a preserves jar that Tera dropped on the ground) that went into my foot about a fingernails length. I fell to the ground and pulled it out. It bled, bled, and bled more. It still bleeds when I put pressure on it.
Okay, all of this background to tell you this. I couldn't run on it (barely walk) on Monday, but she gave me participation points for hobbling around the track. I walked 6 laps on a bum foot...which I think is pretty good skippy! :( MORE GOOD NEWS: I jogged 1.25 miles on my foot today (Tuesday), but I'm starting to get shin splints from offsetting the weight from my bum foot. Oh well, can't win all the time...

No comments: