I forgot to mention that the excitement OR embarrassment didn't end with the ketchup incident on Monday night! Kelly gave me a sweet card with my IOU gift in it when we got through eating.
When our waitress got back with our change, she noticed the card and said, "Oh my goodness, I didn't realize it's your birthday. What's your name?"
I said, "Erin"
She said, "How old are you going to be?"
I said, "21"
She said, "Do you like cheesecake?"
I said, "Are you kidding? I love it!"
She said, "Hold tight! I'll be right back."
When she got back, she and the other waiter/waitresses were about to sing happy birthday to me...but does she stop with just those people? ABSOLUTELY NOT! She continues to make an announcement to the ENTIRE restaurant that Erin is turning 21. So, what does she do then? She gets everyone in Niffers to sing happy birthday to me! I think I was three different shades of red during the song. I was the object of everyone's stares for about the next 15 minutes or so while we were there. Great "embarrassing" experience and definitely humbling!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment