Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jogging 101-Day 27-28

Wednesday
As our teacher promised, we had a ramp it up Wednesday. This meant we ran up and down the ramp, jogged to the next ramp and repeated this pattern on all three ramps of the Coliseum. We did this whole loop twice before jogging around the Coliseum two times and walking around once. It doesn't sound that bad until you have run up the ramps a couple of times and your legs aren't totally under you anymore.

Friday
It rained hard so class was canceled.

Monday
It was freezing cold outside, but we ran at the track anyway! It wasn't too much fun. We ran three miles and sprinted the last lap. I ran my three miles in 24 minutes...which isn't bad, but not world record pace...ha! The only problem with running outside today is my throat burned, my hands went numb, I sweated (which made me freeze when the wind blew even harder), my ears hurt, and my head felt like it was going to explode. I'm going to go get winter jogging clothes to be totally prepared for this so it doesn't happen again.

Wednesday
I am sick...I have a swollen and sore throat AND my ears hurt. It feels like an ear infection is on its way, but I have an extra Z-pack that I'm going to start taking today. Anyway, it was even colder today! It was 30* at 8:00 in the morning! She decided since it was so cold we would go in the Coliseum to jog. We did the Indian Jog for one mile and then jogged one mile at 75%. It wasn't too bad, but I still don't feel good.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I was just thinking about you so I thought I would visit your blog to see what you're up to. I hope everything is going well. Hope you'll enjoy Jazz, I'm sure he'll enjoy being there. Your always in my prayers, Bret